The Grass Valley™ MEDIAEDGE-SWT4 software client functions as a Web browser plug-in for any PC connected to a Grass Valley MEDIAEDGE® TCP/IP network. Users can easily access an updated menu of VOD content or scheduled channels, and watch video within the browser's window.
Grass Valley MEDIAEDGE® is a multi-channel, multi-location delivery system of either HD or SD video using standard TCP/IP networks and HD/SD display devices. Incorporating server, encoder, client software, and set-top box (STB) components, the system is ideal for point-of-sale, corporate and other video retrieval and digital signage applications.
The system delivers in three ways: video-on-demand (VOD), scheduled playback, and live broadcast.
In a VOD application, select video clips stored on the MEDIAEDGE-SVS4 server for viewing via a remote control. Scheduled playback allows unlimited number of users to view a pre-programmed arrangement of multiple video clips. Live broadcasting utilizes the real-time capabilities of its encoding devices to transmit live external SD and HD video sources.
The MEDIAEDGE-SWT4 software client functions as a Web browser plug-in for any PC connected to a MEDIAEDGE network. Users can easily access an updated menu of VOD content or scheduled channels, and watch video within the browser's window.
- Simple to install and use
- No additional hardware required
- Decoding and playback of MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 (H.264), and QuickTime SD and HD video streams
- Overlay controls allow playback of multiple video streams on one screen simultaneously
- Multiple client user license packs available for large-scale installations
- Open standard design allows customization
- HD and SD video distribution over TCP/IP networks
- Live, scheduled, and on-demand distribution
- Supports multiple simultaneous video streams and multiple clients
- Centralized content distribution
- Server-driven menu system enables easy access to content
Control: RTSP (RFC 2326)
Data Stream: RTP (RFC 1889)
- MPEG-2 HD
- MPEG-4 (H.264)
- QuickTime movie
- Adobe Flash video (with Flash player installed)
- Still images
- .wav (PCM)
- Ticker (Text/RSS)
Minimum System Requirements*
- Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz CPU or faster
- 256 MB RAM or more
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 3 or later)
- Microsoft Windows Vista Business/Ultimate/Enterprise (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Internet Explorer v6.x
- Graphics card with hardware-based DirectDraw overlay
- 100 Mb/s Ethernet network card
- One free USB port
- Sound card
Service and Support:
90-day limited warranty
* MEDIAEDGE-SWT4 client software requires a configured MEDIAEDGE-SWT4 server or MEDIAEDGE encoder to be present on a network.
- MEDIAEDGE-SWT4 installation CD-ROM
- MEDIAEDGE-SWT4 USB dongle (dongle optional, dongle-less installation available)
Note: MEDIAEDGE client software is also available in multiple license packs that use a single server-based USB security dongle.
MEDIAEDGE-SWT4 Client Software Data Sheet